University Housing - Havenstoke

Ready to Rent

The University and the Students’ Union strongly encourage all students to find housing through the University’s StudentPad website.

The University registered landlords will be advertising their properties at the Housing Fair. You will be able to sign up to property viewings and also meet up with other students who are looking for private sector housing.

All properties on StudentPad have been accredited by both Chichester and Arun District Councils – this means that they exceed minimum standards for housing and it also means that the University and council officers will be on hand to provide help, support and guidance if needed.

If you sign up to a property with a local letting agent the University will be limited on the help it can offer you!

We have put together a House Hunting Checklist to use when you are looking for and viewing houses, along with questions to ask the landlord.


What is StudentPad?

Studentpad is a website that gives you access to University registered and local council accredited housing provided by private landlords. All properties have been inspection both the University and the local council.

StudentPad allows you to search for available houses/rooms and you can also register with the site to receive automatic updates of new properties being advertised.

There are also other features which you may find useful which  include an extensive advice section, a student message board, the ability to create your own personal housing lists, the option of emailing details to friends and much more.


What is the Housing Fair?

The Housing Fair, normally on the first Tuesday in Feb,  is where you will be able to see University registered landlords who have properties and rooms available for the next academic year. Tenancies generally start around June/July/August time and for the majority of properties will be for 12 or 11 months.

As well as being able to book onto property viewings with landlords, you will also be able to collect the StudentPad password BEFORE it is emailed out later on in the day.

Environmental Health Officers from the local councils will be on hand to provide advice about the accreditation scheme and any other relevant housing matter.  


What is the Accreditation Scheme?

The Accreditation Scheme has been set up by both Chichester and Arun District Councils to ensure that there is good quality housing available for local people. The majority of houses that are registered with the scheme are for students.

To join the scheme a landlord must be a ‘fit & proper person’, abide by the Code of Good management and agree to accredit all his/her properties in Chichester and Arun Districts.

Houses registered with the Scheme are of a higher standard than those properties let through local letting agents. This means that they will be of a higher standard in terms of fire safety than properties advertised by letting agents; it also means that rooms are of a minimum size of 6.5 sqm. 


Where can I get further information?

You can get further information from University’s Accommodation Department - Private Sector Housing.

The Private Sector Housing Officer can be contacted for advice and guidance on any housing matter on or by calling 01243 812120