Where? You will be based at off-campus halls, on-campus halls or the Students’ Union at either one of our campuses.
When? Freshers’ Crew will need to be available for ‘Moving in Weekend’ on Saturday 21st September or Sunday 22nd September 2019 (or ideally both). You will also need to be available on Tuesday 17th September for training (times TBC)
What do Freshers’ Crew do?
- Welcome new students to the University of Chichester.
- Help new students and their families unload when they arrive at university.
- Provide directions around campus and the town centre.
- Answer new students’ questions about move-in, registration and Freshers’ Week.
- Promote Students’ Union events and activities.
- Assist with Car Parking Management.
You need to:
- Be a current student
- Be able to work as part of a team
Know how to behave appropriately – being sensitive to the needs of new students.
Be knowledgeable about the University
Be friendly and welcoming
Be happy to with a range of people
What’s in it for you?
Meet the freshers (and lots of new people too!)
Acknowledgement on your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
The opportunity to work towards a certificate of volunteering achievement
Something to add to your CV
Free entry to Zee Bar on a minumum of one night during freshers week (subject to availability).
Free Fresher’ Crew T-shirt
Please complete the form below to apply:
Year of Study:
I would like to be based on: BRC | BOC | Either
What days are you available?
Tuesday 17th (Training)
Wednesday 25th (Freshers Fair - BOC)
THE SMALL PRINT - BORING, YES . . . BUT REALLY IMPORTANT!
I understand that UCSU will follow up my application and that personal details submitted will be used to enable them to do this.
I am aware that when completing this form, my name and email will be displayed on the email sent if I am logged into the website.