Officer: Alexandra mcivor
WHAT DOES THE ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER ROLE ENTAIL?
- Represents the views of students concerning issues relating to the environment and sustainability
- Oversees and promotes Students’ Union environmental initiatives
- Ensures that there is a sufficient range of events to promote the issues of sustainability and care for and about the environment.
- Works closely with the Operational Management team in monitoring environmental impact of Union activities and services
- Is a member of the Students’ Union Operations Committee, which oversees the operation of the Students’ Union
- Is a member of the Student Council the main policy making body of the Union, excluding those matters dealt with by the Trustee Board in accordance with Clause 60 on the Constitution.
The Environmental Officer role is a part-time volunteer position which starts on the 1st July 2019. Volunteering accreditation is available for the post-holder.
WHAT’S IT LIKE BEING ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER?
There is an ever-growing awareness of issues relating to sustainability and the environment. This role gives a direct input into the ways and means by which all at Chichester can work towards a more sustainable and responsible future safeguarding the environment. The opportunity to discuss issues of direct impact with University management committees is a brilliant opportunity to make real change.
HOW WILL BEING ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER HELP ME IN THE FUTURE?
Throughout their time in office, the Environmental Officer will gain a useful insight into the issues of sustainability and care for the environment, a growing aspect of industry and organisations across the board.
The Events Officer role is great for anyone interested in Environmental Management, Marketing or Promotions work.
The experience gained as Students’ Union Environmental Officer is often highly valued and recognised by external employers.