Chair of Council
Officer: amber kelly
WHAT DOES THE ROLE OF CHAIR OF STUDENT COUNCIL ENTAIL?
- Represent the interests of all students and hold the Executive Committee and Trustee’s to account on issues concerning students.
- Chairs Student Council meetings ensuring agendas are produced and minutes are circulated
- Proposes policies on issues they deem important to Council and help the Student Council with actions throughout the year
- Promote the Students’ Union in a positive light on both campuses
- Is a member of the Student Council the main policy making body of the Union, excluding those matters dealt with by the Trustee Board in accordance with Clause 60 on the Constitution.
The Chair of Student Council is a part-time volunteer position which starts on the 1st July 2019. Volunteering accreditation is available for the post-holder.
WHAT’S IT LIKE BEING CHAIR OF STUDENT COUNCIL?
Chair of Student Council ensures that the Council meetings run in accordance with the Students’ Union constitution and governance procedures. It ensures that the meetings run smoothly enabling full participation from all attending.
HOW WILL BEING CHAIR OF STUDENT COUNCIL HELP ME IN THE FUTURE?
Throughout the role of Chair of Student Council the student representative will increase their confidence and assertiveness as well as organisational and public-speaking skills.
The Chair of Student Council role is great for anyone interested in working in management or supervisory roles.
The experience gained as Students’ Union Chair of Student Council is often highly valued and recognised by external employers.