James Koprivica-Adams (he/him)
Hi, I’m James and I’m your BOC Academic Officer for 2023/2024. While I’m originally from the North and Montenegro, I’ve spent the past few years in Germany, coming back to the UK to do my A-Levels in the Midlands. I’m a Regional Ambassador for the South-East with the Holocaust Educational Trust and was a Student Leader with the LGBTQ+ charity Just Like Us. I’m a second-year Psychology student and have a special interest in psycholinguistics and social psychology and also love sewing, crocheting, and reading comics.
What Course are you on?
Advanced Applied Psychology MSci
Your role and responsibilities
- Represents academic views and interests of all students (predominantly BRC) to the student council and university
- Propose academic policy to the student council
- Assists the vice president with the student voice programme
My manifesto points
- Improving access and ensuring provision for mature, part-time and commuting students
- Improving student representative training and awareness in the wider student body with the Vice President
- Collaboration with other officers to ensure that feedback is being gathered from all groups within the student body
What are you are looking forward to achieving with your role?
I’m looking forward to setting up regular representational meetings to gather feedback on academic provision. This will ensure that courses are inclusive of the additional needs of groups such as mature, part-time and returning students. I’m also looking forward to working on the student representative programme with the Vice-President and working with the other officers. This in turn will ensure that the feedback of these groups is being collected, understood and acted on regarding academic provision