Ethnic Minorities Officer
My name is Salma and I'm a criminology and forensic psychology student and I'm your new ethnic minority officer!! How exciting, I hope to represent our POC students here at Chichester and make your study more comfortable in this old town. Please feel free to email me about any queries and I'll support you in any way I can :)
What Course did you study?
criminology and forensic psychology
Are you involved with any clubs and societies, or have you worked for the SU in any other roles such as bar/shop staff?
Last year I worked as a Welcome Rep on the arrivals crew team
Your role and responsibilities
- Represents the views and interests of Black and minority ethnic students to the student council and the university
- Holds the union officer team and trustees to account on issues of concern to Black and minority ethnic students
- Attends NUS events related to Black and minority ethnic students on behalf of the SU
My manifesto points
· giving a forum or a platform to empower pupils where we can share ideas, experiences or discuss any issues.
· arranging diverse events, trainings, and workshops where students from different cultures may speak with and educate each other on how to engage with differences and cultural awareness
· Actively making oneself available to students and serving as their main point of contact
What are you are looking forward to achieving with your role?
I aim to work closely with the student union to ensure we represent the interests of Black and other ethnic minority students inside the student union in order to establish a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for our POC students.